At least, I finished work what should have been done a week ago, so now I can spend some time to post tutorial. I wanted 1000 notes for my mask photo to post it, but 30 is close enough ))))
It’s not a perfect copy, but close enought for something you can do in one day and almost for free.
Special for thatparkerluck
There is how I made my Winter Soldier’s arm!
First, I’m sorry about my english, hope you’ll understand me :) Second, it was lame, cheap and very fast work, because I had no time, no money and couldn’t think in these last “deadline” days before AVA-expo.
[Daisy a.k.a. Alexandra]:
Some people was interested in how I made my Captain America’s shield. So, I think it’s time to tell this dramatic story)))
That time I had no money and no time. But I’ve really needed new shield. And this shield had to look as good as possible. Not very successful…
So basically I had a bunch of tutorials liked/bookmarked and I wanted to consolidate them into one nice place. I hope this is helpful! I will probably make a part two later.
Cosplay Crash Course - x
A Guide to Conventions - x
Conventions and Your Stomach - x
Character design and drawing are tome-sized topics and even if I had all the answers (I don’t - I have a lot to learn), I’m not sure I could communicate them effectively. I’ve gathered some thoughts and ideas here, though, in case they’re helpful.
First, some general things:
Once again stressing that this is how I do things, not how you should do things. I mean, you can if you want. But it’s entirely a personal thing, as art should be! Always look at other people’s art, as they will come up with poses you hadn’t even thought of and generally broaden your mind.
Here are some useful links:
- pixelovely has photos of life drawing poses and a system that cycles through them like a real life drawing class! You can also pick whether you want just men or women, or just nude or clothed, or both.
- posemaniacs has tons of 3D models in poses. They’re shown on the muscle layer of things so that you can see how the muscles work! All models can be rotated 360 degrees, and come in varying degrees of camera angles from top to bottom. They also have a fantastic hand viewer which has hands that can be rotated along all axes, although there’s a limited selection of poses and the anatomy of the hands themselves could use some work.
- Some great stock providers on deviantArt include SenshiStock aaaand… I can’t find the others right now. I’ll edit this post when I do!
- Here are some other good tutorials and references! one two
Someone asked for a tutorial thing a while back, so I threw this together.
ANATOMY WITH THE AVENGERS!
Oh, and Tom.
I’ve received a lot of questions about my lady loki cosplay, so here’s a compilation of references, materials and a general runthrough of how I put my costume together that hopefully some of you will find helpful ･᷄ु௰･᷅ू
HOLY SHIT, ATTENTION ALL COSPLAYERS.c
Words to keep inside your pocket:
- Quiescent - a quiet, soft-spoken soul.
- Chimerical - merely imaginary; fanciful.
- Susurrus - a whispering or rustling sound.
- Raconteur - one who excels in story-telling.
- Clinquant - glittering; tinsel-like.
- Aubade - a song greeting the dawn.
- Ephemeral - lasting a very short time.
- Sempiternal - everlasting; eternal.
- Euphonious - pleasing; sweet in sound.
- Billet-doux - a love letter.
- Redamancy - act of loving in return.